Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wonderful Days: December 21st to 26th (Journal Entry)

December 21st to 26th were truly wonderful days. We had our 3-day District Convention from 21 - 23 and I was an attendant in the mornings of the first two days - I already focused on the talks during the third/last day. It was, admittedly, a bit exhausting as I had to stand all throughout the morning and welcome and assist oncoming brothers and sisters, and guests (I found a bit of consolation thinking that if the soldiers at Luneta could stand like statues all throughout, then I possibly can do it as well - hehe). But I never regret anything and I really enjoyed it. Being with fellow JW's has always been priceless. Sunday was a sad day when the convention finally had to end.

On the 24th, we visited our grandparents. More than a year has passed since I got to visit and it was great to be with them again. Unfortunately, it took probably only around 4 hours for me as I couldn't stay for the night (I had some important things to attend to for the following day - which I planned to start that night). I also first finished some call of duty earlier in the morning which only released me around 2:00 PM. Mama and the rest went ahead and I just followed - with a cake (Choco Fudge) as present for everyone (don't misunderstand me - I don't celebrate Christmas). I look forward to visiting again but I wonder if when's that gonna happen (sched is but just so so loaded). The dogs were wonderful - all three of them very big and playful. What made it more amazing was that they could be fed with just rice and "pancit" and they happily feast on it. I also noticed some portion of the "bakuran" covered with moss, seeming like soft touches of body hairs of the land - really beautiful. Around 6:30 PM, I left with my younger sister and brother, and with a gift cheque from Auntie - wow!

December 25th was an ordinary day. I stayed home all throughout the day preparing for my speech (and watching TV) which I shall deliver the following day. The topic was "How Can We Prepare for Persecutions?" I browsed through my stock of publications again for some quotations, the Bible, and my list of some Biblical texts. My cellphone was sick again and I had to borrow my sister's for the timer (it has to be only for 4 - 5 minutes). I was looking for Mama's Bible (Today's English Version) as I find it easier there to look for the right quotes that I need, but to no avail. Anyways, I decided to stop before 10:00 PM (forget "Hwang Jini" for the meantime, job starts at 6:00 AM the following morning and I don't want to wrestle with myself just to be awake) - "bahala na". I will rehearse the flow of the discourse again when I come home from work the following day - at around 3:00 PM.

It was 26th. I made it!!! The speech went well although I forgot to state one biblical text which I originally intended to share with everyone. Anyways, everything went well and many went shaking hands with me after the meeting. The speech took more than five minutes - I think I can be sure on that (so many added words which were not part of the original plan). But it was great and I really am grateful for Jehovah, so much. Also, another great news was that Jelson was formally made a ministerial servant - wow!!! I am truly happy for my friend and I am sure that Rose-Lynn (Jelson's wife, my closest friend) and I are ever more inspired to improve our spirituality. Such a great day.

No comments: